COMMUNITY WORKS IN 96744
Our Mission: To prevent youth substance abuse, strengthen community collaboration, improve the overall health of the community and strengthen families.
Our Vision: A health 96744 community with empowered families.
Get Involved: Attend our monthly coalition meetings! New members are always welcomed. We participate in several events throughout the year in collaboration with various community partners. Events typically focus on youth empowerment, community service, and promoting wellness in Kaneohe!
Community Works in 96744 meetings are held once a month, every 2nd Wednesday from 5:30-6:30pm. We are temporarily holding these meetings via Zoom. Contact us for the Zoom link!
Meetings Often Include Discussions On:
- Preventing youth substance abuse
- Strengthening community collaboration
- Upcoming community events
- Sharing community resources
- Strengthening families
- Current crime statistics in 96744 from HPD
- AND MUCH MORE!
Become a member! Click Here!
Join a Workgroup
- Research and Evaluation Workgroup: Assist with assessing community needs, developing and distributing surveys, and evaluating community data.
- Law Enforcement Engagement: Work with Kaneohe’s Community Policing Team to track community trends and crime statistics.
- Youth Council: Youth who live in or attend school in 96744 are encouraged to join our Youth Council! Assist with planning community events, earn community service hours, and give youth in our community a voice!
- Malama: Coordinate and participate in community service and beautification events.
What is a coalition?
A coalition is a diverse group of individuals and/or organizations that come together to work towards a common goal. Our coalition is comprised of community members and individuals representing various groups and sectors of the community including schools, law enforcement, youth, parents, civic clubs, and much more.
What is prevention?
Prevention is a process that attempts to prevent the onset of substance use and/or limit the development of problems associated with use. Prevention efforts focus on delaying the age of first substance use, or pushing it back as long as possible. While there are various risk factors that may put an individual at risk of developing a substance use disorder, there exists an equal amount of protective factors to counter-act them. We believe in strengthening the many protective factors that exist within our families and community at large.
Check out our Instagram @cwc_96744
Contact us if you have ANY questions about who we are, what we do, or where our next meeting will be located!
Phone: (808) 235-7747
Email: [email protected]
Community Works 96744 receives in-kind contributions from participating organizations as well as funds from the State of Hawaii Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division through Partnerships for Success Grant funds.