KAUAI FAMILY VISITATION CENTER
Kauai Family Visitation Center (Kauai FVC) provides a safe, neutral and nurturing environment where visitations and exchanges occur between children and non-custodial parents. The Center helps children and parents who are experiencing difficulties in divorce, separation or family violence.
How can Kauai FVC help you?Kauai FVC can help parents who are separated, divorced or divorcing or are involved in custody disputes when:
- Children need to go from one parent to another without parents meeting.
- Children's visits with a parent are restricted to a monitored or structured setting and you need someone to supervise the visits.
- You are having problems with your former spouse, but you are court ordered to allow visitation.
- You are concerned about your children's safety during visits with the other parent.
What services does Kauai FVC offer?
- Exchangesthat allow children to go from one parent to the other without the parties meeting.
- Supervised visitationthat involves full, intermittent, and beginning and ending supervision.
How do you get court ordered visitation?
After a divorce or separation, family visitation services may be arranged by agreement of both parents or by court order. If the parents don't agree, one parent may file a request for a hearing to use Kauai FVC. A judge will often decide on the appropriate service(s) and which parent will be responsible for program fees.