KAUAI FAMILY VISITATION CENTER
Kauai Family Visitation Center (Kauai FVC) provides a safe, neutral and nurturing environment where visitations and exchanges occur between children and non-custodial parents. The Center helps children and parents who are experiencing difficulties in divorce, separation or family violence.
How can Kauai FVC help you?
Kauai FVC can help parents who are separated, divorced or divorcing or are involved in custody disputes when:
- Children need to go from one parent to another without parents meeting.
- Children's visits with a parent are restricted to a monitored or structured setting and you need someone to supervise the visits.
- You are having problems with your former spouse, but you are court ordered to allow visitation.
- You are concerned about your children's safety during visits with the other parent.
What services does Kauai FVC offer?
- Exchanges that allow children to go from one parent to the other without the parties meeting.
- Supervised visitation that involves full, intermittent, and beginning and ending supervision.
Kauai FVC staff supervises parent and child visits in a stable, supportive and home like environment.
How do you get court ordered visitation?
After a divorce or separation, family visitation services may be arranged by agreement of both parents or by court order. If the parents don't agree, one parent may file a request for a hearing to use Kauai FVC. A judge will often decide on the appropriate service(s) and which parent will be responsible for program fees.
Who will help you?
Kauai FVC is staffed by a program supervisor, visitation monitors and center monitors, who will ensure the highest quality of service and safety possible.
Do you really need the Kauai FVC?
Consider your children. Are they being caught in the emotional, physical or verbal crossfire when your former partner comes over or when you pick them up?
Children often feel divided loyalty when facing both parents during or after a divorce or separation. They cover up pain and are often traumatized or anxious about visits or exchanges.
Kauai FVC provides convenience and peace of mind for you and your children. Kauai FVC also protects parents from unexpectedly meeting and thus violating restraining orders.
Who do you call?
If you have questions or would like to register, please call 808-821-0574.
Is there a fee?
Yes, costs for visitation and exchange services are on a sliding fee scale based on income and number of dependents.
4-1579 Kuhio Hwy, Suite 201 A
Kapaa, HI 96746
Hours of Operation
Kauai FVC is primarily Funded through The Hawaii Department of the Attorney General and The Hawaii State Judiciary.