ABOUT PARENTS AND CHILDREN TOGETHER
Parents And Children Together has been providing Hawaii’s most vulnerable residents with desperately needed social services since 1968.
We originated as a single program in Kalihi and have grown over the years to serve over 15,000 individuals and families annually throughout our state. While we have a legacy of serving areas of concentrated poverty statewide, our headquarters remain at the Kuhio Park Terrace because we believe in being deeply rooted in the communities we serve.
Parents And Children Together promotes meaningful and healthy relationships between parents and children, while creating support systems that empower people who often have nowhere else to turn. Our community-based services have grown into a multi-faceted organization with over 400 employees on Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, Lanai and the Island of Hawaii.
Parents And Children Together is fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation and is a member of the Better Business Bureau.
Working together with Hawaii’s children, individuals, and families to create safe and promising futures.
Hawaii is a peaceful, safe, and vibrant community with opportunities for all to fulfill their dreams.
- Respect: We uphold our families in an environment that fosters respect, teamwork and excellence. In our every action we collaborate WITH clients to fully engage them in their own solutions and successes.
- Holistic Care: We use a comprehensive and holistic approach to meet the needs of the whole individual and the entire family, appreciating that neither can be fully understood without the context of the other.
- Collaboration: We focus on community partnerships to infuse sustainability and a foundation of support into our work.
- High Quality: We follow the highest quality standards in relationship building and service standards, fostering a culture of professionalism and constant learning.
- Future Focused: We use adaptive skills as the foundations for identifying needs, new ideas and better ways to meet the challenges in our community.
- Informed Approach: We carefully select robust, proven, and culturally effective curriculum and service delivery models.
Board of Directors
Mihoko Ito, Chair
John Whalen, Vice Chair
Mike Moses, Secretary
Wade Kodama, Treasurer
Dana-Ann Takushi, Past Chair
Lui Faleafine, Jr
Ryan Kusumoto, President & CEO
Kim Gould, Chief Operating Officer
Margaret Takahashi, Chief Administration Officer
Norma Spierings, Chief Development Officer
Ben Naki, VP of Early Childhood Education Programs – Head Start Early Head Start
Tina Porras-Jones, VP of Community Building Programs
Marie Vorsino, VP of Intervention Programs